Country Living With Great Porches
About This Plan
- Wooden posts, handrails and shutters give a traditional look to this one-storymidsize home that can easily be adapted for wheelchair accessibility.
- Sidelights brighten a fairly wide entry, open to the living room on the left. Another side of the living room is open to the hallway. Handsome square columns mark the room's boundaries.
- Standing in the entry, you face the dining room where triple sliders fill most of the rear wall brightening the entire space. The covered patio is ideal for outdoor dining, and could be screened if desired.
- The kitchen and family room form one large space. The sink is built into an angled island with a raised eating bar. The refrigerator, sink and range cluster together in a tight triangle, creating an efficient, step-saving work area. A bright window bay expands the nook, and sliding glass doors add to the natural light.
- The pantry and utility room are nearby, located in a passthrough space that connects to the garage. Two bedrooms are also in this wing, along with the main bathroom.
- The master suite and den (or office) are quiet and well-isolated from the informal family living area and secondary bedrooms. Amenities here include a large walk-in closet, and a skylit bathroom with double vanity, oversized shower and private water closet. Its easy to imagine a hot tub on the patio just outside the sliding doors.
- The roof has a 6:12 pitch.
Alternate Basement Stairs
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,083 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,083 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 84' 0"
- Depth: 43' 9"
- Max ridge height: 20' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 533 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12