Darling Cottage Plan with Optional Lower Level
2 - 3
About This Plan
- This budget-friendly footprint considers charm and functionality by offering a thoughtful floor plan, welcoming front porch, and exterior craftsman detailing.
- The center of this home provides the common living spaces: family room, dining area, and kitchen. This allows for separation between the master bedroom and the secondary bedrooms, providing the utmost privacy for the homeowner.
- The kitchen boasts a prep island and spacious walk-through pantry with access to the laundry room. The adjoining dining room has a back deck for outdoor dining or lounging.
- Retreat to the master bedroom, which features a 4-fixture bath and a walk-in closet. Bedrooms 2 and 3 reside on the opposite side of the home and share the hall bath.
- For a future expansion, the lower level design includes a generously-sized recreation room, fourth bedroom, and full bath.
- NOTE: This plan cannot be built within a 50-mile radius of Richmond, Virginia.
Optional Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,404 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,404 sq. ft.
- Deck: 144 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 102 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,379 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 36' 0"
- Max ridge height: 18' 8"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 On 12; 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss