Designed For Energy Efficiency
About This Plan
- Three dormers add charm to this simple home plan with its uncomplicated foundation shape.
- The kitchen is open to the breakfast nook on one side and the great room with fireplace on the other.
- Two bedrooms on the upper level each have their own bathroom.
- A workshop area in the garage adds functionality.
- The lower level has a big rec room and another bedroom and bath.
- This was designed for a north orientation and the insulated garage acts as a thermal barrier to the home's finished spaces, and triple-glazed insulated wood windows and doors are used in major glass areas facing south with no windows in north walls.
- 2x6 walls with multiple insulating materials create an approximate value of R34 with R70 in the attic
- The basement has insulated walls inside and out and a natural cooling system created by a 40' long buried pipe that provides a constant 55-degree earth temperature.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,882 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 937 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,043 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 902 sq. ft.
- Workshop: 90 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 42' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 704 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- Media-Game-Home Theater
- Sloping Lot