Economical Ranch Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This small ranch-style home plan is economical to build and easy to maintain, and could easily be adapted for wheelchair accessibility. As such, it's equally well suited to young families buying their first home, or empty nesters eager to reduce their maintenance work.
- From the street, the plan pleasantly symmetrical its multipaned windows, set under the low-profile right gable, echo the wider gable on the left and its gridded garage door. The recessed entry porch opens into a vaulted entry, brightened by a sidelight.
- The entry's vaulted ceiling rises higher as you proceed forward, reaching its apex at the far edge of the vaulted kitchen, then sloping down toward the living/dining room's richly glassed rear wall. Sliding doors in the dining room open out onto a patio which could be screened.
- An eating bar fronts the peninsular counter that bounds the kitchen. The laundry appliances are also conveniently close, hidden behind folding doors, and a pantry adds to the already generous cupboard space.
- In the owners' suite, a pocket door links the sleeping area to the bathroom and walk-in closet. Secondary bedrooms share the main bathroom, and each has a wide rectangular window bay that could be outfitted with a window seat.
- The roof has a 5 on 12 pitch.