Elegant Shingle Style Home Plan
About This Plan
- If you romanticize about the elegant Shingle-style homes of the Northeast, this home plan will indulge your passion. Clad in shake siding, this big, rambling two-story home features overhanging gables punctuated with corbels, decorative circle windows, and sprawling porches - all elements indicative of the Shingle style.
- Neither will you be disappointed with the home's spacious interior. From the office, to the kitchen to the exercise area, rooms are accommodating and specially appointed. The main living spaces of the great room, kitchen, and dining room form an open L shape off the foyer. Anchoring these spaces at each end are a roomy office with double doors and built-in cabinetry, and an exercise room that overlooks the backyard.
- Designed to keep messes under control at the high-traffic garage entry, a large mud room provides benches for kid's gear, closet space for coats, laundry facilities for quick loads, and a powder bath for clean-up.
- The upper-level provides three bedrooms for siblings and guests and well as a suite for parents. Double doors and a hallway announce the private zones of the master bedroom and bath. Features include a spa tub, walk-in shower, and fireplace. Each of the other bedrooms has a built-in desk.
- Two attic areas plus a bonus room will ensure the home provides space for storage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,959 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,244 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,715 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 950 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 108' 0"
- Depth: 59' 0"
- Max ridge height: 37' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 988 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss