European Cottage Plan with Living Areas Up Front
About This Plan
- Wonderfully symmetric, this plan is smaller in size but huge in its appeal. Board-and-batten siding with stone accents at the foundation join an arched and columned entry with dormer window for a superb visual effect.
- The floor plan makes the most of a narrow footprint, putting living areas to the front and bedrooms to the back.
- Both the living and dining rooms are vaulted. The living room features a warming fireplace; the dining room has a recessed niche to hold a hutch and is separated from the kitchen by a 42' arched counter.
- Extras in the kitchen include a built-in desk, an island and a large pantry.
- The den (or make it a family bedroom) has a window seat with flanking built-in shelves overlooking the front porch.
- A walk-through hall bath serves Bedroom 2, which has a walk-in closet.
- The master suite contains a vaulted salon and a bath with window seat and dual lavatories.
- A service alcove opening to the garage has space for a washer and dryer.
- Related Plan: For an alternate version, see house plan 69120AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,569 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,569 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 52' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 325 sq. ft.
- Count: 1 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available
- Photo Gallery