Expanded 4-Bed Modern Farmhouse with Home Office and Vaulted Great Room
About This Plan
- This 4-bed modern farmhouse plan has a balanced exterior with two gables flanking the 8'4"-deep front porch with a standing seam metal roof. A gable is centered above the porch and lets light into the foyer and two decorative dormers provide more balance and symmetry to the home.
- Inside, an open floor plan has the great room with 18' vaulted ceiling open to the kitchen with large island and French doors on the back wall that open to the massive rear porch which serves as an outdoor living room. There, an outdoor kitchen with a bar that seats six is on one side while a fireplace with plenty of room for furniture is on the other.
- A split bedroom layout maximizes your privacy by placing the master bedroom on the right side of the home. The bathroom has a vaulted ceiling and accesses the enormous 10'10" by 14'2" walk-in closet as well as the laundry room. Across the home, three bedrooms share two baths, one of them a Jack and Jill.
- Don't miss the home office. It is concealed by sliding barn doors and located just off the foyer. With views to across the front porch, it makes a great work-from-home retreat.
- Above the 3-car garage, there is 698 square feet of expansion space.
- Related Plan: Get a smaller (2,400 sq. ft.) version with house plan 56478SM.
Main Level - Basement Stair Location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,127 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,127 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 1,420 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 698 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 92' 1"
- Depth: 97' 10"
- Max ridge height: 31' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 995 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick