Expanded Farmhouse-Inspired Barndominium-Style House Plan with Guest Apartment
About This Plan
- This farmhouse-inspired barndominium-style house plan gives you a 3-bed home on the right, an oversized garage with office in the middle and a 2-bed apartment on the right. This home plan is great for multi-generational living or as an in-law or rental property setup with the apartment on the right giving you all kinds of flexibility.
- A staircase in the garage leads to a second-level loft that can serve as an office or storage space.
- From the wraparound porch, French doors open into a combined great room with fireplace and cathedral ceiling, kitchen with 5' by 9' island and walk-in pantry, and dining area.
- Two spacious bedrooms line the left side, across from a full bath and laundry room with garage access.
- The master bedroom is tucked into the rear of the design and includes a 4-fixture bathroom with a linen closet and a walk-in closet and access to a home office.
- On the right, the apartment has two beds, laundry, an open living space and a 10'-deep porch that runs down the entire right side of the home.
- The exterior finish is spec'd for corrugated metal siding.
- Related Plans: Get an alternate version with house plan 135072GRA, 135199GRA, 135173GRA (2,770 sq. ft.) and 135196GRA (4,110 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,665 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 4,665 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 1,705 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 1,025 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 113' 0"
- Depth: 85' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 9"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1147 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss