Flexible Cottage House Plan
About This Plan
- This flexible cottage house plan comes in both this 3 bedroom version and a 4 bedroom one (house plan 42245DB). Both feature a 7' deep covered front porch giving you a place to enjoy the outdoors in style.
- At under 1,549 sq. ft., this house plan is cost-effective to build and uses simplified construction while maintaining architectural integrity.
- This was designed with a minimal amount of wasted space. Note the nearly complete lack of hallways.
- This open concept house plan gives you an open living room, dining room and kitchen arrangement. The result is a home that feels larger than it is.
- Great attention was spent on the exterior of the home with the porch and ample use of windows.
- Optional stairs lead to a basement and an optional door gives you access to the home through the powder room.
- Related Plan: For a 4 bedroom version, see house plan 42245DB.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,549 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,090 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 459 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 140 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 41' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 462 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12