Great Style on a Budget
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Paying tribute to the charming bungalows designed by California architects Charles Sumner Greene and Henry Mather Greene, this efficient home plan design allows even those on a budget to enjoy great style.
- Gable-end brackets and rafter tails punctuate the roof line on all sides of the home and are offset by horizontal lap siding in varying widths. Stone-clad pedestals provide solid support for the flared columns of the front porch resulting in an authentic look.
- Like many of the early Craftsman homes, the design is efficient and the footprint is square which helps control building costs. The living spaces flow together at the rear of the home and are replete with amenities. The kitchen includes an island counter, the dining room offers a built-in hutch and French doors, and the great room provides a fireplace, vaulted ceiling, and built-in cabinets.
- An office, powder room, and laundry room are clustered together at the front of the main level.
- The upper level contains three bedrooms placed at separate ends of the staircase landing and hallway for privacy. The master suite includes a wall of windows with transoms, a walk-in closet, and a private bath with large shower. The secondary bedrooms share a bath that has separate compartments for the sink and the tub and toilet.
- In the basement version, the stairs run under the ones going up eliminating the small under-stair storage area.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate exterior with house plan 6990AM.