Hexagonal Mediterranean House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Rounded roof tiles and stucco exterior plus gentle arches capping the window and door openings lend a Mediterranean ambiance to this house plan. Bold stucco-clad columns frame the lofty entry porch, and keystones add a classic element.
- Entry doors open into a high-ceilinged entry where light washes in through an arched transom. Moving forward brings you to the richly glassed hexagonal great room. The interior is totally contemporary, and nowhere is that more evident than in this bright and expansive space.
- Arched transoms crown wide banks of glass that fill most of three walls. All but the windows flanking the fireplace slide open to let in gentle breezes, or offer access to a patio that spans the entire rear. When the weather is inviting, the patio effectively doubles the living space.
- An angled pony wall bounds one side of the G-shaped kitchen. Entering the great room, you can glance over it to see what's cooking on the range. The sink hides behind a raised eating bar that rims another peninsular counter. While washing up kitchen ware, you can take in the great room plus the patio and the landscape beyond.
- The vaulted owners' suite fills the entire left wing. Luxurious features include an interestingly shaped shower, dual vanity, walk-in closet and totally private toilet. Sliding glass doors in the sleeping area allow direct patio access.
- Two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and a large utility room are in the right wing, which links with the 2-car garage. A deep walk-in pantry at the rear of the utility room adds to the kitchen's already ample storage space. Stairs to the basement are next to the garage.
- The house has a 6:12 roof pitch.