Hip Roof French Country House Plan
4 - 5
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- A medley of stone and brick lend a gently European flavor to this hip-roofed home plan while a thoughtful interior is designed for comfort.
- Stately columns introduce a lovely front porch, which offers a warm welcome. Inside, the two-story foyer opens to an elegant formal dining room.
- Double doors lead to a quiet study that boasts a bow window, built-in cabinetry and a stunning fireplace.
- At the heart of the home, the grand room features a gracefully curved two-story wall of windows and is enhanced by a fireplace.
- The gourmet kitchen provides plenty of counter and cabinet space, and opens to both the keeping and breakfast rooms. The breakfast bay overlooks the rear covered porch and provides the perfect place for family meals.
- The keeping room is both cozy and grand, offering a lofty cathedral ceiling and a massive stone fireplace.
- A hallway leads to an office area that can be used as a planning space or a surfing niche for computers. The hall also provides a laundry, walk-in pantry, powder room and wet bar or butler's pantry.
- The owner's suite features a sitting bay with glorious wide-open views, anchored by a fireplace. Decorative columns set off this private space from the homeowner's bedroom, which provides a tray ceiling. The bath includes a whirlpool tub, separate vanities and His and Hers walk-in closets. Upstairs, three secondary bedrooms provide additional space for guests or family members.
- Related Plans: For an alternate roof, see house plan 15616GE.
- For a smaller version, see house plan 15611GE (3,886 sq. ft.).
- Need more room? See house plan 15661GE (4,976 sq. ft.).