Low-Slung Ranch House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The lap siding's crisp horizontal lines frame and underscore two sets of street-facing front windows, while vertical lines front the garage under a high row of sparkling windows.
- Double doors in the foyer open into a den/office. The natural light spilling in through the front windows is muted slightly by the recessed porch.
- An opening on the opposite side of the foyer leads to the owners' suite. A pocket door provides separation from the bathroom, which has a shower, private toilet, and double vanity, and links up with a roomy walk-in closet.
- The family will enjoy the light-filled great room where windows fill most of one wall, next to a gas fireplace. The kitchen is open to the great room across a flush eating bar with a built-in range. Cabinets, a step-in pantry, and appliances span two walls.
- The dining area is off to the left, partially separated by a peninsular conversation bar. This counter can double as a buffet, when serving up festive meals. An atrium door at the juncture of the great room and dining area opens onto a covered patio, which could be screened, if desired.
- A short hallway across the great room leads to secondary bedrooms flanking a bathroom with a combination tub and shower. Laundry appliances are located in the utility room between the den and the kitchen. Linked with the 2-car garage, it makes unloading groceries safe and convenient any time of the day or night, and could also serve as a mudroom.
- The roof has a 6:12 pitch.