Modern Cottage House Plan with Cathedral Ceiling in Family Room
3 - 4
About This Plan
- This 3-bed house plan (with an optional 4th bedroom if you upgrade to the finished basement) merges classic cottage styling with modern elements to create the new Modern Cottage style. Contrasting colors on the stucco and a shed dormer give it great curb appeal.
- On the inside, you enter the living room that is warmed by a fireplace. Further, into the home, a family room and dining room lie under a soaring cathedral ceiling. The family room is also warmed by a fireplace and opens up to the covered patio through 3 sets of french doors. The kitchen includes a large island and a walk-in pantry.
- The master suite on this home is situated on the main floor for convenience. The master includes a soaking tub, his/her vanities, an enclosed toilet area, and a walk-in closet.
- On the upper floor, you'll find 2 bedrooms that share a convenient hall bath. There is a loft space on the second floor that makes for a perfect playroom.
- An optional finished basement adds 1303 sq ft to the plan and includes an amazing theater room, a family room with a bar, an additional bedroom with a hidden access door to a playroom.
Optional Lower Level (+250)
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,369 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,776 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 593 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,303 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 66' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 498 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12