Modern Farmhouse Plan with Indoor/Outdoor Living
4 - 6
About This Plan
- This house plan offers the cozy farmhouse feel and the crisp clean lines of modern farmhouse styling. The spacious front porch offers plenty of room for rocking chairs. The front triple dormers above have matching dormers in the rear. They provide plenty of light into the soaring 16’6” ceiling that covers the great room and dining room area. The board & batten siding is topped with gable roofs that are surrounded by a natural colored shake. Several contemporary windows are sheltered with a sloping metal roof supported by wrought iron struts.
- The double-glass front door opens to the vast living space that offers views of the rear deck through a series of four French doors creating the perfect setting for indoor/outdoor entertaining. The fireplace is surrounded by built-ins making it a focal point of the great room. The gourmet kitchen supplies two islands for preparation and serving guests. Plenty of counter top space and a butler’s pantry conveniently leads to a utility room just beyond the stairs. Additional pantry storage is through the utility room. A corner desk provides the necessary space to keep everything organized: cookbooks, recipes, mail, etc.
- On the other side of the kitchen is a private entrance that leads past the den/5th bedroom with its own private full bath. Just beyond is the owner’s retreat with access to the covered lanai, and windows that take in the view. A window seat offers a cozy niche for reading. The owner’s bath is just behind a pocket door with all the amenities. A second pocket door reveals a generous walk-in closet.
- The other side of the home provides three generous guest suites, each with their own private bath. The rear bath doubles as a pool bath with access to the lanai close at hand.
- The second floor bonus/guest suite is accessed just off the kitchen near the front of the home. The vaulted ceiling increases the volume of this space. It could easily convert to a home theater with a wet bar instead of a morning kitchen. A large walk-in closet and three piece private bath complete all the amenities needed.
- The roomy 3-car garage offers a sizable storage space. While the entrance from the garage is just steps away from the kitchen and has its own mud room for kicking off your shoes and coats.
- Exclusive energy-saving techniques are designed into this modern farmhouse plan. When built to these specs, it can result in a 50% savings when compared to other new homes. A 60-70% savings when compared to older homes.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,482 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 4,031 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 451 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 806 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 244 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4, 5, & 6
- Full bathrooms: 6
- Standard Foundations: Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 92' 8"
- Depth: 116' 8"
- Max ridge height: 24' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 910 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"