Modern Farmhouse Plan with Private Bonus Room Over 3-Car Garage
About This Plan
- The wrap-around covered porch is a character-defining element of the farmhouse, while the metal roof above the porch and window awning, dark window sashes, and brick accents add a modern twist to the traditional design.
- The formal entry takes you straight to the heart of the home, which consists of the family room, kitchen, and nook. The dining room is partly secluded and has easy access to the kitchen and to the stairs.
- A double-bowl sink rests in the large kitchen island, and the nearby walk-in pantry sits just inside from the 3-car garage, reducing time spent unloading groceries.
- Retreat to your main-level, master suite, which boasts a step ceiling, a walk-in closet, and a 5-fixture bathroom. The back lanai is accessible from the master bedroom as well as the nook and includes a fireplace.
- Three bedrooms are located upstairs with two sharing a Jack and Jill bath.
- Stairs in the garage take you to a private bonus room - not included in the total living area figures - which can be put to many uses.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate modern farmhouse design with a 2-car garage with house plan 16908WG.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,829 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,034 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 795 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 260 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 650 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 465 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 88' 1"
- Depth: 60' 7"
- Max ridge height: 33' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 791 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 3 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick