Modern Farmhouse with Open Floor Plan and Two Bonus Expansion Spaces
About This Plan
- This 3-bed modern farmhouse plan has a large and breezy front porch that is perfect for greeting your guests or for passing the time in your favorite rocking chair. Enter the house through the double French doors with sidelights and you catch views of the living room volume ceilings, massive wood-burning fireplace and glass doors leading to the rear porch.
- A large opening reveals the dining room which has a china cabinet niche, convenient butlers pantry and easy access to the kitchen. The kitchen gives you a second pantry, a a built in desk, a lazy susan, separate oven/cooktop and a raised eating bar. The kitchen, eating area and dining room are all open to the living room making the entire area open and airy.
- As you walk to the master suite, you will pass a super-sized utility room complete with twin counter space base cabinets with a built-in laundry sink. There is ample space for a washer, dryer and freezer but the most convenient feature is the doorway leading to the master bath from the utility room.
- The master bedroom is sized for a king size set of furniture but the master bath tops all expectations with its giant sized walk-in closet, large his and her vanities with a built-in dressing table, a linen closet, huge shower with a seat and a private toilet room. The master bedroom walk-in closet is divided into two spaces and capable of having up to 62’ lineal feet of hanging space.
- Separated from the master bed room, the two secondary bedrooms are on the opposite side of the house and each are moderately sized and with gracious closet space. The secondary bed rooms share a nice size bath and there is another built-in linen closet located in the hall.
- For outdoor living, this plan is hard to top because of its large size covered rear porch and adjoining outdoor deck space.
- Stairs take you to a bonus multi-purpose room above the garage (342 square feet) and the perfect place for a play room. If you ever need more space, there is 820 square feet of pre-planned future space just waiting for your expansion plan ideas.
- Add the 3-car garage and you have a complete wish list in a modest size, super energy efficient and very attractive modern day farm home.
- Related Plan: Get a more compartmentalized, traditional, floor plan with house plan 55217BR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,932 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,932 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 536 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 342 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 72' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 732 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick