Mountain Cottage With Angled Garage
2 - 4
About This Plan
- Corner windows, gabled glass, brackets and cedar shingle siding are just a few of the details that give this house plan its mountain charm and grace. With its quaint cottage detailing and bright open spaces it is a charming home perfect for a weekend getaway or an empty-nester's retreat.
- The angled entry provides just enough space to get out of the rain. Once inside you will enjoy the vaulted ceiling that extends through the living room to the porch.
- The living room is separated from the foyer area by an angled staircase descending to the lower level.
- The kitchen and eating areas are open to the living room, with the kitchen island facing the view side of the home.
- A laundry and mud room is conveniently located just off the kitchen where a door leads to the angled garage.
- The master bedroom is cozy and comfortable and includes a large bath and walk-in closet along with access to the deck and porch. The main floor also offers a second bedroom with bath and walk-in closet.
- The lower level can be finished with two additional bedrooms and baths, a den/rec room and home theater if desired.
- Related Plans: Straighten the garage with house plan 26693GG. Detach the garage with house plans 26666GG, 26610GG (fireplace moved to back of living room) and 26695GG (1,754 sq. ft.).
Finished Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,742 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,742 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 220 sq. ft.
- Deck: 253 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 258 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 82' 5"
- Depth: 53' 4"
- Max ridge height: 19' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 664 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss