Mountain Cottage With Angled Garage
2 - 4
About This Plan
- Corner windows, gabled glass, brackets and cedar shingle siding are just a few of the details that give this house plan its mountain charm and grace. With its quaint cottage detailing and bright open spaces it is a charming home perfect for a weekend getaway or an empty-nester's retreat.
- The angled entry provides just enough space to get out of the rain. Once inside you will enjoy the vaulted ceiling that extends through the living room to the porch.
- The living room is separated from the foyer area by an angled staircase descending to the lower level.
- The kitchen and eating areas are open to the living room, with the kitchen island facing the view side of the home.
- A laundry and mud room is conveniently located just off the kitchen where a door leads to the angled garage.
- The master bedroom is cozy and comfortable and includes a large bath and walk-in closet along with access to the deck and porch. The main floor also offers a second bedroom with bath and walk-in closet.
- The lower level can be finished with two additional bedrooms and baths, a den/rec room and home theater if desired.
- Related Plans: Straighten the garage with house plan 26693GG. Detach the garage with house plans 26666GG, 26610GG (fireplace moved to back of living room) and 26695GG (1,754 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,742 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,742 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 220 sq. ft.
- Deck: 253 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 258 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, & 4
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 82' 5"
- Depth: 53' 4"
- Max ridge height: 19' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 664 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss