Mountain Home Plan with Huge Covered Deck and an Upstairs Home Office and Rec Room
About This Plan
- A timber-frame truss lends character to the front porch of this two-story, mountain house plan, complete with a huge deck on the side and a 2-car attached garage.
- The sun-drenched interior features a 2-story great room with a vaulted ceiling that rises from 9'6" to 14' and floor to ceiling windows. The adjoining eat-in kitchen includes a multi-purpose island and easy access to the deck for grilling.
- The master bedroom is located on the main floor and has a 4-fixture bathroom, and a walk-in closet.
- From the top of the stairs, you can look down on the great room below. Two bedrooms share a bath and a home office and large rec room complete the plan.
- Related Plan: Change the deck to an open one (i.e. no roof extension above) with house plan 68895VR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,650 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,478 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,172 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 392 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 74' 6"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 587 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 6"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick