Net Zero Ready House Plan
About This Plan
- This energy-efficient house plan, when built to specs, saves 40% to 50% on your energy bills compared to traditionally designed home plans.
- The AC/Heating equipment is designed within the A/C conditioned spaces through the use of chases strategically designed below the attic space. The result is 10' volume ceilings and huge energy savings.
- An addditional energy-saving feature is the use of raised heel trusses offering more effective attic insulation and deeper overhangs and porches to shade the largest windows
- Additionally, California Corners and 2x6 framing enables the use of greater exterior wall insulation and roof real estate is optimized - particularly in the rear of the home - in case a power-producing PV array and/or solar hot water system is added.
- Paired with a solar water heater and built in the right climate, this house plan could result in net $0 energy bills (significant savings achievable even without the solar component; HERS ratings as low as 0 - see HERS Index link for more information).
- Related Plans: Get European flair with house plan 33004ZR and Mediterranean styling with house plan 33005ZR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,630 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,630 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 47' 6"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss