New American Farmhouse with Pergola-covered Side Patio and Large Rear Porch
About This Plan
- This 3-bed period farmhouse-style home plan has an attractive board-and-batten exterior with a front porch supported by four timbered columns set on stone bases. This timber and support aesthetic are mirrored on the right side where a pergola-covered patio are found.
- Enter the foyer through double doors and ahead you see the open and bright living room with a built-in library, a wood burning fireplace and a sweeping stairwell entrance to the upstairs bonus room.
- The large kitchen is has a large island and an adjoining butler's pantry. Steps away, the utility room can be accessed from the master bath for added convenience. The master bath has a tray ceiling.
- In back a large porch provides abundant space for outdoor entertaining and a breezeway to the 2-car garage.
- The bonus room has been pre-planned with an adjoining bath making it the perfect space for a game room or home theatre.
- This plan is also suitable for handicap accessibility with many features built in to the design such as extra wide hallways and 3’ passage doors. If building to handicap accessible standards, the optional slab foundation is recommended.
- Related Plan: Get a subtly different version with house plan 55174BR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,976 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,976 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 491 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 264 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 333 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 57' 0"
- Depth: 88' 6"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Area: 550 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick