New American Garage Apartment with Board and Batten Siding
About This Plan
- This garage apartment or carriage house plan has an attractive board and batten exterior with a center gable providing light and space to the second floor and curb appeal to the outside.
- Shed roof supported by simple brackets lets you in on foot on the left side. Step inside and stairs greet you on the left wall and take you to the living level.
- Upstairs gives you a great one-bedroom apartment with the living room in back and the bedroom and bath in front, each with windows on their respective sides.
- Tucked away off the kitchen you'll find your stackable washer/dryer.
- This plan makes a great addition to your home and can be used as a guest suite, a work-from-home building, an ADU or a rental.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 525 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 525 sq. ft.
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 31' 0"
- Depth: 27' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 837 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick