Post Frame Barndominium Home Plan with Oversized Garage
About This Plan
- If you are looking for an efficient way to build a house, look no further than a post frame home plan like this one. Post frame construction is a simplified building technique adapted from the traditional timber-framing technique. Instead of needing studs, steel framing or concrete masonry, post frame building simply uses large poles (or posts) buried into the ground.
- This home provides a great place to live as well as work. On the work side, the house includes a 3-car garage.
- Inside the home on the main level, the family room is warmed by a fireplace.
- Upstairs, the large open floor plan includes a kitchen with a large island and a walk-in pantry. The great room is warmed by a fireplace that is flanked by built-in bookshelves.
- On the right side of the home, the master bedroom contains dual vanities and a walk-in closet. On the opposite side of the home, bedrooms 2 and 3 share a jack and jill bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,388 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 587 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,801 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 188 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Crawl, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 32' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1269 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12