Prairie Style Ranch Home Plan
About This Plan
- Crisp lines and sparkling window grids give a fresh clean look to this 3 bedroom Prairie Style ranch home plan.
- The wide covered porch that wraps across the front and around to the left is punctuated by four sets of slender posts set on squarish framed-out bases. These support a low-pitched hipped roof with wide eaves, typical of a Prairie home. The roof pitch of the home is 4 on 12.
- Entering, you step into a bright and spacious gathering space that comprises the living room, dining room and kitchen. Natural light, slightly muted by the porch overhang, washes in through the gridded glass in the front door and its sidelights. Still more spills in through the tall, similarly shaped doors and windows on two walls of the dining area and a shorter window in the kitchen. Families that thrive on light and openness will love this space.
- A large work island rimmed by a raised eating bar offers partial separation between the kitchen and the rest of the room.
- A generously sized utility room is nearby, as is direct access to the rear-facing 2-car garage handy for unloading groceries safely and out of the weather.
- The owners' suite is at the rear. It boasts a dual vanity, totally private toilet, and a large walk-in closet. Both of the secondary bedrooms are up front, where they share another bathroom that also has a dual vanity. These bedrooms each have wide closets that fill about two-thirds of one wall.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,808 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,808 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 448 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 54' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 556 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss