Ranch with Hexagonal Great Room
About This Plan
- From the front, this house plan appears to be an average country or ranch-style home. Step inside and you'll be surprised when you see the spacious hexagonal great room at the heart of the home. Light washes in through windows that fill most of the three rear walls.
- Doors on the far side of the great room access a screened porch. A masonry fireplace serves as a focal point in the living area to the left, while the dining area segues into the kitchen on the right. The raised eating bar fronts a long work island that sets the kitchen a little apart.
- Utilities and a luxurious owners' suite fill the wing that extends off to the left. A convenient toilet and basin nestle into an alcove in the laundry room, which also has cabinets and a long folding counter with a built-in utility sink. The owners' suite has a deep walk-in closet, and a sitting area with a view to the rear. Plus, it has a rectangular window bay. This bright window could be built as a window seat or left open to create a display nook.
- A pantry and storage closet line the passageway to the secondary bedrooms and bathroom that fill the right wing. If the home is built over a basement, stairs will descend between the bathroom and the 2-car garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,716 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,716 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 352 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 87' 1"
- Depth: 97' 8"
- Max ridge height: 21' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1012 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss