Shingle Sided Compact Ranch Home Plan
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Shingle siding, Craftsman-style windows and stone veneer column supports put a warm, natural face on this compact home plan. Wide expanses of glass brighten the vaulted family gathering spaces that flow together at the rear.
- Entering via the covered porch, you step into a hallway that leads straight ahead to the expansive vaulted area. Along the way, you pass double doors on the right that open into a den. Its location makes it ideal for a home office. It could also be outfitted as a guest bedroom or flex room. Two nearly identical bedrooms and a bathroom are to the left of the entry hall.
- The vaulted ceiling in the living/dining area slopes up from the entry hall, then down at the rear. A direct-vent gas fireplace nestles into one rear corner. On the opposite side of the room, a peninsular eating bar bounds the kitchen. Sliding glass doors in the dining area access a partially covered patio flanked by slender posts. The covered area could be screened, if desired.
- A roomy walk-in pantry fills one corner of the step-efficient kitchen. Standing at the double sink, kitchen workers can gaze across the patio or scan the gathering spaces to keep tabs on activities.
- The owners' suite is down a passageway and amenities include a roomy walk-in closet and a two-section bathroom with dual vanity. A storage closet and a utility room that links with the garage are accessed via the owners' suite hallway.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,859 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,859 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 51' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 474 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12