Sloping Lot Split Level House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The house plan is a richly glassed split-level mountain home plan. In the right setting, it offers breathtaking views. The plan is designed for construction on a lot that slopes up to the rear.
- Banks of multipaned windows, wide and tall, sparkle across the right side of the exterior. Inside, light washes in through those windows, naturally illuminating the great room and sunroom. Some even spills over into the kitchen, where the kitchen sink window makes its own contribution.
- In the great room, a fireplace adds color and warmth on dark days and nights. An informal dining area sits further back in this space, close to the kitchen, where a peninsular counter with a raised eating bar provides partial separation. Cabinets, counters and built-in appliances, including a six-burner cook top, wrap around three sides of the kitchen. A five-sided work island anchors the center, and a deep walk-in pantry provides abundant storage.
- Double doors in the dining area open into the sunroom, where windows fill most of its two exterior walls. More light washes down through four large skylights. Sliding glass doors offer easy access to an elevated deck that could be covered, if desired.
- Storage closets, a utility room, a bathroom and a sauna fill out the rest of the main floor.
- A large vaulted bedroom sits a half-flight up from the main floor, where it boasts a private railed deck. Amenities here include a large corner soaking tub, dual vanity, good-size shower, private toilet, and roomy walk-in closet. Climb another half-flight of stairs, and you find yourself in the observatory. A window bay expands this special room, which could be used as an office, sleeping area, or simply for enjoying the elevated view.