Small Ranch With Large Family Space
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- No stairs makes aging in place possible with this small 2 beroom ranch home plan and is equally appropriate for first-time home buyers and small families.
- Cultured stone veneer underscores the lap siding that frames large front windows, while an eye-catching series of low-pitched gables ascends to merge with the hipped roof.
- Entering, you step directly into a large living room expanded by a rectangular window bay. A gas fireplace nestles into cabinetry that lines one wall, next to a wide home entertainment center. Cabinets or bookshelves (owner's choice) fill in the corners, and light washes in through a slender window that crowns the space.
- A hutch provides partial separation between the entry and dining area. Otherwise, the living room is open to the dining room and kitchen, which is bounded by a combination work island and eating bar. Counters, appliances and cupboards are arrayed along two walls of the kitchen. Atrium doors open onto a covered patio.
- At the rear of the dining room is a short hallway that leads to the owners' suite. Natural light beams down through a sun tube into the suite's roomy walk-in closet.
- The other bedroom is accessed via a hallway near the front door. A coat closet fills the wall that leads to the main bathroom.
- In the hallway that leads to the garage and utility room, coat hooks line up over a storage bench for foot gear.
- The roof has a 5:12 pitch.