Southern Tidewater-Style House Plan with Expansive Outdoor Living
About This Plan
- This amazing design captures the Southern Tidewater look. This style of architecture, found mostly in the southern coastal areas, is designed to help deal with wet and hot climates. The broad columned verandas on the front and back of the home are designed to cool incoming breezes.
- The great room and dining space is open to the kitchen that runs the length of the home. This amazing space is lit with dormers above the vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, and is anchored at one end with a massive brick fireplace.
- Enjoy outdoor living with the huge cabana with an outdoor fireplace! Even the master suite has its own private access to the back patio and the veranda that runs the length of the home.
- If you choose to add a pool to this home, you will be thankful for the pool storage and powder bath located right off the veranda.
- The massive laundry room is right next to the mud room off the 3-car garage. There are ample walk-in closets and a walk-in kitchen pantry, and even a wine cellar.
- Upstairs, the space over the 3-car garage has everything needed for multi-generational living. The bonus room space with vaulted ceilings and wet bar, there are two full baths as well as 2 generous bedrooms and ample closets and storage space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 6,234 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 4,118 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,116 sq. ft.
- Balcony / Veranda: 626 sq. ft.
- Deck: 263 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 263 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 433 sq. ft.
- Cabana: 968 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 89' 8"
- Depth: 137' 0"
- Max ridge height: 38' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1247 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss