Spacious Craftsman Home Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This home plan expresses all the charm, all the hominess, all the practicality that underlies Craftsman style architecture. Shingled gables and dormers counterbalance the horizontal lines of the home. Sturdy columns with stone footings flank the gabled entry.
- Step into the two-story foyer, furnished with an elegant staircase and a storage closet. Double doors protect the privacy and quiet of the den. A connecting bath with a shower and linen closet allow the den to serve as a bedroom if you choose. The formal living and dining rooms occupy the right wing of the home. The living room is furnished with a fireplace. French doors in the dining room lead to the formal half of the deck.
- Family living space stretches across the rear of the home. Generously sized, the open kitchen is engineered for efficiency. A self-ventilating cooktop is positioned in the island, handy to the sink, refrigerator, and walk-in pantry. The family room boasts a fireplace and built-ins. A laundry room with sink, cabinets, and countertop is situated beside the three-car garage. A bay at the back of the garage offers space for a workshop or to store a fourth vehicle.
- Above the garage, a bonus room hosts two space-stretching dormers. A sumptuous master suite and three other bedrooms also are located on this upper level. Bedroom four has its own bath. Bedrooms two and three share a bath. The master suite is graced with a huge walk-in closet and a bath with a large shower and a whirlpool tub in a windowed alcove.
- Related Plan: For an alternate exterior, see house plan 6890AM.