Spectacular Shingle Style
About This Plan
- A two-story front foyer and rotunda, a drive-through portico, a wrap-around covered porch, two master suites (or one, a guest suite). These are just a few of the amenities in this shingle style home plan.
- The rotunda bisects the main floor into public and private spaces. A guest suite, to the right, with a bay window, 12-foot ceilings, and a see-through fireplace that's shared by bedroom and bath. The bath includes a separate whirlpool tub and shower, twin vanities and a privacy enclosure for the toilet.
- On the public side of the house, the kitchen centers around an island, outfitted with a downdraft cooktop. A barrel-vaulted ceiling tops the working area. There is a butler's pantry between the kitchen and dining room.
- The family room and living room share a fireplace and 12-foot ceililngs. French doors in the family room open to the porch.
- The upstairs master suite is graced with barrel-vault ceilings, a see-through fireplace and a deck. The other bathrooms have walk-in closets and sink vanities.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 6,060 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,620 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,440 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 1,016 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 140' 0"
- Depth: 91' 0"
- Max ridge height: 36' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1035 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 12' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick