Starter Or Empty Nester Craftsman Home Plan
2 - 3
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- An expansive great room and linked gathering areas give a surprising sense of spaciousness to this compact Craftsman-style home plan. Measuring in at slightly more than 1600 square feet, it makes an ideal starter home. At the same time, being a single level home plan, it is also well-suited to empty nesters who wish to age in place while downsizing their maintenance responsibilities.
- Craftsman accents include the iconic gridded window uppers, a matching door, and three low-profile front-facing gables. The porch is easily large enough for a relaxing porch swing or other outdoor furniture.
- From the entry vestibule, you can proceed directly ahead into the great room, or hang a right into the richly windowed nook. A sliding door offers separation between the nook and kitchen, when desired. Counters wrap around four sides of the kitchen, which is open to the dining area, across a peninsular counter with a raised eating bar.
- Natural light washes into the dining room through a set of Craftsman windows on the right, as well as the wide sliding glass doors at the rear. These offer access to a partially covered patio. The left side of the dining room is entirely open to the great room, where more light spills in through wide windows that fill most of the rear wall.
- Closets for coats, general storage, and linen line the hallway leading to the bedrooms and a pass-through utility room with garage access. The owners' suite boasts a two-section bathroom and a walk-in closet.
- The roof has a 6 on 12 pitch.