Traditional 2-Story House Plan with Tapered Columned Front Porch
About This Plan
- Tapered columns line the wrapping covered front porch on this welcoming Traditional-style, 2-story house plan. An uncommon, yet very practical feature of this design is the direct access from the front porch to a main-floor bedroom -- a perfect arrangement for live-in relatives.
- This bedroom (bedroom 2) features a 9-foot-high ceiling and private bath with walk-in closet. From the entry hall, guests are treated to expansive views of the formal dining room and the 2-story-high great room beyond. Both of these areas are defined only by ceiling heights, elegant columns, or arched openings.
- The great room gains an added sense of appeal from its fireplace and sunny windows to the rear. Gatherings can flow seamlessly between the dining room, great room, breakfast area and kitchen, as all of the areas are open to one another. The breakfast area is brightened by large windows to the rear and provides access to a rear deck. The kitchen offers ample counter space along with an island work area and walk-in pantry.
- Just off the kitchen, a utility area includes a powder bath, spacious laundry room, and mudroom with built-in bench and lockers. The mud room offers easy access to the home's 3-car garage.
- Guests will be intrigued to discover that the stairway to the second level includes a library with built-in bookshelves on a mid-level landing. Further up the stairs, all bedrooms reside. Double doors within an entry alcove open to the master suite with its 10-foot-high ceiling. Another alcove leads to the master bath which includes a compartmented toilet, his-and-her vanities, compartmented tub and shower, and a spacious walk-in-closet. Bedrooms 3 and 4 each enjoy their own private bath and spacious walk-in closet.
- A sprawling unfinished storage area offers the potential for a fifth bedroom or other uses, limited only to the imagination.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,427 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,952 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,475 sq. ft.
- Deck: 354 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 292 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 518 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 63' 4"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 7"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 832 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick