Two-Story Country House Plan with Lower-Level Apartment
4 - 6
About This Plan
- This two-story, country house plan is full of character, including the eye-catching turret roof, wrap-around front porch, and stone trim.
- Once inside, an octagonal office is located to the right, filled with natural light, and providing access to the front porch. Across the foyer, a bedroom could serve as a guest bedroom or a flex room for the homeowner.
- Discover an open floor plan towards the rear of the main level, which combines the family room, dining area, and kitchen. The walk-in pantry of your dreams sits adjacent the kitchen with ample storage space and a second refrigerator.
- Upstairs, the master suite takes advantage of the octagonal shape to create a cozy sitting area, and a pocket door reveals an L-shaped en suite with a two-person shower and walk-in closet.
- Two additional bedrooms on the second level share a compartmentalized bath, and are separated by the centrally located laundry room.
- Finish the lower level as designed and increase the bedroom count to 6, or utilize the space for in-laws, or long-term guests, due to the private entrance, kitchen, family room, and laundry closet.
Optional Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,898 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,462 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,436 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 274 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 673 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,730 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4, 5, & 6
- Full bathrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Daylight, Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 73' 4"
- Depth: 40' 8"
- Max ridge height: 29' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 895 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side, Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss