Unique 2 Story Narrow Lot Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- With schoolhouse like charm, this two-story house plan easily will accommodate a home site that rises in the back, such as those built into a hillside. The fa'ade's traditional elements - solid porch balustrades, awnings, and gable roofline - are given a modern edge when combined with horizontal siding and geometric windows. These elements make the home an apt candidate for a development of both traditional and contemporary homes.
- The interior of the home is as carefully detailed as the exterior. The front porch leads into a hall that feeds traffic into a large living room with a fireplace and built-in media center. The living room is open to the kitchen and dining room. Angled dining room patio doors slide open to connect with an outdoor patio. A curved edge on the kitchen island - rather than one that is squared off - promotes a visual connection with the living room and acts as a counterpoint to the angles of the dining room patio doors.
- A flight of stairs leads to a half bath before continuing up to a landing that connects to the garage and an under-the-stairs storage closet. From there, a U-shape staircase ascends to the second level, where it joins with the laundry room to divide the bedroom wings.
- The master suite fills one end of the upper level, contributing a fireplace, a deck, and a large walk-in closet.
- At the other end of the home is a study alcove with built-ins that can accommodate multiple children and computers. The secondary bedrooms share an adjacent bath.