Unique Home Plan With Guest Cottage
About This Plan
- This is a uniquely versatile and multi-faceted home plan. It could be viewed as either a 5-bedroom home plan (1,799 square feet) with excellent separation of space, or a 3-bedroom home plan (674 square feet) with a linked mother-in-law unit behind.
- Raised brick detailing highlights both the chimney and the bold column that supports a gently arched entry porch. Inside, the bedroom wing is straight ahead. An arched opening on the left feeds into the vaulted living room, where a gas fireplace graces the exterior wall. A wide passageway at the rear flows into the dining room.
- That opening also runs past a raised pass-through counter that fronts the kitchen sink. The counter then segues into an eating bar that bounds part of the dining room. A large skylight brightens the kitchen, which has counters on three sides. Laundry appliances and a roomy pantry are mere steps away. The utility room offers direct access to a covered patio, which can also be reached through the dining room's double doors.
- In the bedroom wing, a vaulted ceiling expands the owners' suite. It boasts a his-and-hers walk-in closet, a private sitting area, and a bathroom with a dual vanity. Two more nearby bedrooms share another bathroom.
- A covered walkway links the main house to the guest cottage and 3-car garage. One door leads into the garage and another opens into the great room. An eating nook and kitchen are at the rear of this open space, while a bathroom and two bedrooms are off to the left. The larger bedroom has a walk-in closet.
- Both homes have 7 on 12 roof pitches.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,473 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,473 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 92' 0"
- Depth: 78' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 734 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12