Vacation Home Plan with Panoramic Rear View
About This Plan
- A hexagonal great room is at the core of this vacation house plan designed to take full advantage of a panoramic rear view.
- The rustic styling blends naturally into the landscape.
- Log posts and beams support a dramatic covered porch that frames a French door entry. At the rear, this wide open great room is more windows than walls, with a view out across the wrap-around deck, into the great beyond. The central portion of the deck is covered. Log posts and beams, similar to those in front, provide support.
- A long eating bar is all that separates the great room from the kitchen, and the kitchen is large.
- Off in a wing of its own, the home plan's master suite is well isolated from the other bedrooms. Its private bathroom, located between the great room and the sleeping area, provides additional sound buffering.
- The bunkroom has two sets of bunk beds. Bedroom two could be similarly outfitted, or furnished more conventionally.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,735 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,735 sq. ft.
- Carport: 228 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 260 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 76' 10"
- Depth: 64' 0"
- Max ridge height: 18' 6"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 892 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss