Vaulted Gathering Space
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Nostalgic posts and handrails rim the front porch of this contemporary version of the country-style ranch home plan. Wooden shutters accent the large front window closest to the street.
- Young families or retirees will appreciate this easy to maintain small-sized house plan. Stepping inside brings you immediately into the expansive heart of this home. Two handy closets are just inside the door, and a passage to the right leads to the three bedrooms lined up along the right wing. A garage, family room and laundry room fill out the opposite side of the home.
- Vaulted ceilings give you a sense of spaciousness in the open living room, dining room and kitchen. The ceiling slopes up from the front, reaching its apex at the center of the living room. Then it slopes down to meet the exterior wall of the dining room and kitchen at the rear. Wide sliding glass doors in the dining room offer easy access to a covered patio, highlighted and supported by slender wooden posts.
- Counters and cabinetry line both sides of the galley kitchen, which can be reached via the bedroom wing as well as the living and dining room. A wide window fronts the sink, while a narrow pantry nestles into an alcove across the room. Two or more people can easily work together here, without getting in each other's way.
- The main bathroom is located off of the hallway that leads to all three bedrooms. Closets line one entire wall in the owners' suite, and its bathroom has a double vanity.