Versatile Cottage House Plan
About This Plan
- A shed dormer sits atop the handsome metal roof of this versatile Cottage house plan that has expansion possibilities.
- The home works well as a vacation home or a main residence with a minimalist approach.
- The many windows throughout enhance passive energy by optimizing natural light.
- The master suite has a bathroom with shower and access to the large terrace facing the backyard through its own patio doors that let in an abundance of natural light and scenic views of nature.
- In the kitchen you get a pantry with a window and an island that can seat 3 comfortably.
- The dining room has adjacent patio or French doors (your choice!) and opens onto the living room with fireplace.
- A powder room with space for a stack able washer/dryer pair complete the features of the first floor.
- Related Plans: Get an alternate exterior and two beds and an extra bath upstairs with house plan 22464DR.
- The second floor is not finished, allowing you to add extra bedrooms or a home office, reading room, or whatever your needs are.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,000 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,000 sq. ft.
- Entry: 48 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 587 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl, Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 24' 4"
- Max ridge height: 25' 3"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss