Well-Designed Southern House Plan
4 - 5
About This Plan
- The distinctive brick exterior of this Southern house plan is topped by an elegant hip roof.
- While the formal dining room is a room unto itself, the living room, kitchen and keeping room all blend together in one space.
- There are fireplaces in the large living room and the keeping room.
- Windows look out onto the covered porch with its outdoor kitchen.
- A computer nook off the garage entry is a quiet spot for the kids to do their homework.
- Homeowners get a spacious master suite with a giant walk-in clothes closet.
- The additional bedrooms are split up with two on the right side and one on the left facing front.
- Bonus space on the second floor comes drawn with a walk-in closet and full bathroom so it could easily serve as an extra bedroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,206 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,206 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 504 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 38 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 249 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 80' 1"
- Depth: 76' 5"
- Max ridge height: 31' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 819 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 16 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick