1,550 Square Foot Cottage with Loft
About This Plan
- This 1,550 square foot cottage house plan makes a great vacation rental just as well as it makes a year-round home. It has front and rear porches that are 8' and 10'-deep respectively.
- The left side of the home delivers a two-story vaulted ceiling above the combined kitchen, living, and dining areas.
- U-shaped cabinetry forms the kitchen and includes four seats at the attached eating bar. A walk-in pantry rests behind a barn door to maximize storage space.
- The primary bedroom is located on the main level with a 5-fixture bathroom and walk-in closet and has direct access to the laundry room.
- A flexible loft includes a 3/4 bath and can be used as a second bedroom.
- Related Plans: Get an alternate loft and laundry room layout with house plan 810007RBT and eliminate the upper level with house plan 810020RBT (1,224 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,550 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,224 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 326 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 338 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 338 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 272 sq. ft.
- Loft: 326 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 34' 0"
- Depth: 54' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 10"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick