1-Story Cottage House Plan with Open Living Space
About This Plan
- This authentic, cottage-style house plan requires a very small building site due to the extremely compact layout. A decorative gable sits above the front porch that spans the entire width of the home. Inside, it is packed with features typically found in larger homes.
- The main floor is open, spacious and airy, and features 9’ ceilings, along with large windows for maximum view and light.
- The homeowner will delight in the kitchen's buffet serving area and a built-in wine rack. The island has a 42”-high raised eating bar and a downdraft cook top. Exposed beams are found in both the kitchen and dining area.
- The living room has soaring, 2-story ceilings with exposed beams and wall-to-wall glass overlooking the rear porch. Porches front and rear give you two outdoor spaces to enjoy.
- The master suite is conveniently located on the main level, and includes a full bath with a walk-in closet, comparable to much larger homes.
- Related Plan: Get a second floor with house plan 55211BR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 902 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 902 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 524 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick