1490 Square Foot PEMB-Friendly House Plan with L-Shaped Front Porch
About This Plan
- Enjoy simple living in this 2 bed, 2 bath 1490 square foot one-story house plan designed with a Pre-Engineered Metal Building (PEMB) in mind (read on for more about PEMB's).
- An L-shaped porch wraps around the front-right corner giving you a great fresh-air space to enjoy.
- Inside, the right side of the home is open from the great room with fireplace in front to the kitchen with double sink set below a window and an island with seating in back.
- Bedrooms line the left side of the home with the master suite having laundry access from the walk-in closet.
- A PEMB is the most commonly used structure when building a barndominium. A PEMB can be engineered, fabricated and shipped to any location in the world and generally can be installed in a much shorter time than a traditionally framed home. Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings get a project in the dry very quickly and allow for interior build-outs to be convenient, not having to support roof loads.
- This metal house plan is available with 2x6 exterior framing by selecting it from the Options menu.
Wall Framing Section
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,490 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,490 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 591 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 63 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 528 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): Metal
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 10"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 2 on 12
- Framing Type: PEMB and Stick