2-story Mountain House Plan with Main Floor Master Suite
3 - 4
About This Plan
- A timber-frame truss lends character to the front porch of this two-story, mountain house plan, complete with a wrap-around porch to enjoy the available views.
- The sun-drenched interior features a two-story great room with a vaulted ceiling and floor to ceiling windows. The adjoining eat-in kitchen includes a multi-purpose island and easy access to the deck for grilling.
- The master bedroom is located on the main floor (see plan 68622VR for a version with it on the second floor) and boasts a private balcony, a 4-fixture bathroom, and a walk-in closet.
- A loft at the top of the stairs overlooks the great room below and two bedrooms share a bath.
- Expansion opportunities in the lower level include a fourth bedroom and an open family room plus a bonus room. Mechanicals and storage complete the home.
- Related Plans: Put the master on the second floor and the other bedrooms on the main floor with house plan 68622VR and house plans 68623VR and 68798VR both with parking in the lower level.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,770 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,280 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 490 sq. ft.
- Deck & Porch: 542 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 168 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 10"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 10' 0" First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 6"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick