2500 Square Foot Contemporary Coastal House Plan with Upstairs Studio
About This Plan
- This elegant costal contemporary house plan greets you with an elevated, shady front porch that's perfect for rocking chairs and waving to neighbors as they pass by.
- The foyer opens to a brightly lit public space with soaring ceiling and transom windows. A convenient coat closet is just inside. Entertaining is made easy with the covered lanai and outdoor kitchen. This house shows off the rear views from every angle.
- The kitchen is at the front of the house with plenty of counter top space, but the eat-at-island looks towards the dining and great room.
- On the other side of the foyer is the utility room, accessed from a hall that leads to the private entrance of the owner’s suite. The owner’s bath offers separate vanities, a spacious walk-in-shower and private privy. The spacious bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and French doors that open to the covered lanai. A pair of walk-in closets buffers the bed from the bath.
- For privacy the two guest bedrooms are positioned on the opposite side of the home. They share a full bath that could double as a cabana bath if needed.
- The stair takes you to the sequestered studio/4th bedroom with its own bath. A perfect spot for an artist’s workshop or writer’s retreat. A pair of French doors open to a covered balcony welcoming gentle breezes and offering outside views.
- The 2-car garage offers additional room for a golf cart, but it could also be converted to a workshop, or storage for recreation vehicles. The entry from the garage opens to a mud room with bench and storage closet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,498 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,143 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 340 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 453 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 256 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 68' 6"
- Depth: 73' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 711 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 3 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss