3-Bed Southern Cottage Home Plan with Open Main Level
About This Plan
- Exposed rafter tails and a charming front porch are character-defining features on this 3-bedroom, Southern cottage home plan.
- The 2-car garage protrudes from the front of the home, and includes a dedicated storage area towards the rear. The mudroom just inside lends a space to organize footwear and outdoor gear with a built-in bench and coat closet.
- An abundance of natural light fills the great room, which openly flows into the kitchen and adjoining dining room. Multi-paneled sliding doors make the lanai an easy extension of the living space.
- The second level is where you'll find the bedrooms. The master bedroom occupies the left side and features a stepped ceiling, along with dual closets lining the hallway that leads to the 5-fixture ensuite.
- Two nearly identical bedrooms reside across the hall separated by a full bath. The laundry room offers a central location so each family member can pitch in and help.
- Designed into the house plan are exclusive energy-saving techniques that when built to specs, can result in a 50% savings when compared to other new homes, 60-70% when compared to older homes.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,830 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 852 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 954 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 150 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 128 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 8"
- Depth: 51' 2"
- Max ridge height: 28' 1"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 646 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"