4-Bed Contemporary House Plan with Lower-Level Apartment
About This Plan
- This contemporary house plan boldly rises from the ground and presents a lean-to and flat roof combo, as well as oversized windows to maximize access to natural light.
- The lower level features an optional in-law suite, or income property, with a private entrance, two bedrooms, home office, and recreation room with a kitchen; a total of 999 square feet.
- On the main level, discover a powder bath and coat closet near the entry, while French doors lead to a den, or home office. The heart of the home is completely open to one another, with retractable walls providing a seamless flow onto the covered deck.
- The massive prep island gives the homeowner ample workspace in the kitchen, and the adjacent pantry lends plenty of storage space.
- Upstairs, four sizable bedrooms can be found, with the largest reserved for the homeowner. The laundry room resides across from a 4-fixture bath, which the three secondary bedrooms share.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,261 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 209 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,621 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,431 sq. ft.
- Deck: 427 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 45 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 999 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 6
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Daylight, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 35' 0"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 511 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 2 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick