4-Bed Farmhouse with Main Floor Work-from-home Space and Upstairs Playroom
About This Plan
- A metal shed roof extends over the front porch on this 4-bed farmhouse design. Above it, a gable with bracketed eaves adds to the curb appeal of this house plan available exclusively at Architectural Designs.
- The front porch wraps around the living room from the front door to the dining room and, at 8'4"-deep, has room for rocking chairs.
- A main floor master suite is a nice convenience, as is access to the laundry room from the walk-in closet.
- A fireplace anchors the living room which is at the center of the open concept layout. Columns separate the space from the kitchen with large walk-in pantry and dining room. Your study is located across the home and is accessible through french doors set in an angled wall. This room makes a great work-from-home space.
- The kids' bedrooms upstairs and share a bathroom with two sinks. A large playroom and a closet - for linens or for toys - plus bonus expansion completes the floor.
- Related Plans: Get a slightly smaller version with house plan 500036VV (2,651 sq. ft.) and a larger one with a detached garage with house plan 500018VV (3,134 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,752 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,855 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 897 sq. ft.
- Storage: 235 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 152 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 344 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 42' 0"
- Depth: 65' 8"
- Max ridge height: 31' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick And Truss