4-Bedroom Modern French Country House Plan with Home Office and Bonus Room
3.5 - 4.5
About This Plan
- Two dormers rest above an 8'-deep front porch with exposed rafter tails and a metal roof on this modern French Country house plan. The smart interior flow provides all of the must-haves and more for the modern family.
- Upon entering, French doors lead to a quiet office with access to the front porch. The heart of the home gives you an open floor plan with the great room open to the kitchen and dining room. The great room has a 12' ceiling and a fireplace flanked by built-ins. The kitchen has a sizable island (5' by 8') with an eating bar and a large walk-in pantry (5'10" by 8'2"). The roomy rear porch can serve as an outdoor living room.
- Discover the master bedroom, privately situated behind the 3-car garage, which features two bathrooms connected by a custom shower with two shower heads. Across the home, two bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bath and a third bedroom has its own bathroom with rear porch access.
- A large mudroom with built-in lockers sits just inside from the garage, and neighbors the laundry room with a utility sink. Increase living space with the sizable bonus room above the garage.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate version with house plan 51802HZ (2,854 sq. ft.)
Optionally Finished Bonus
Main Level - Basement Stair Location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,106 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,106 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 732 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 476 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 256 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 668 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 82' 0"
- Depth: 68' 4"
- Max ridge height: 29' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 873 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 3 On 12; 4 On 12; 2.5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick