Classic French Country Design with 3-Bedrooms
About This Plan
- From its French Country exterior to the varied, sloping rooflines, this home exudes Old-World charm. But a closer look reveals modern, energy-efficient enhancements that prove efficient living can also be luxurious.
- The walkway and outer courtyard are paved with permeable pavers, which work in harmony with nature, both aesthetically and practically. The pavers allow water to filter naturally into the ground, reducing runoff and erosion.
- Overhead, the rough-hewn beams in the kitchen complete the impression of a rustic, richly appointed villa. But there is less to these beams than meets the eye. They are formed from individual reclaimed wooden planks, leaving them hollow inside, and more importantly, leaving timber from old-growth forests untouched.
- The kitchen's has a large island with dual sinks and room for casual seating. The pantry is a roomy 6' x 6' giving you great storage.
- The courtyard is 42' x 31' and is a great spot for entertaining.
- The great room vaults from 14' at the rear wall up to 24' then down to 12' at the foyer.
- Related Plan: Downsize with house plan 69578AM (2,930 square feet).
Basement stair location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,352 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,631 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 721 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 620 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 101' 0"
- Depth: 97' 0"
- Max ridge height: 35' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 948 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss